Twitter is a social media platform that can be very useful for small businesses. Twitter has been around since 2006, but it wasn’t until recently that businesses have been taking notice of its potential as an advertising platform. Smaller companies are turning to Twitter because they don’t have the budget or need for other social media platforms such as Facebook or Instagram .
1) Promote your business on Twitter-Twitter has become an excellent way to promote your business and drive traffic back to your site. You can retweet other people’s tweets about you or your products, or even mention them in one of yours. The key is to keep it short and sweet so the person reading it will want more information from you (link).
2) Create original content-Creating content on Twitter should be a part of any marketing plan because that’s what makes up the majority of their users’ feeds (link).
3) Use hashtags strategically-Hashtags
4) Post pictures or videos of what goes on at work. This will give followers a behind-the-scenes look into your company’s day-to-day operations and get them excited about coming in.
- Use hashtags in your tweets – Using hashtags (#) in your tweet makes it easier for other users to find you on the site and increases the chance of being retweeted by others who are interested in what you’re saying. It also provides an easy way to track trending topics or breaking news updates about issues relevant to your industry or business sector.
7) Use it as a customer service platform – this is one of the most popular uses for twitter, and it is free! You can respond to customers’ tweets by DM or via their profile page
8) Create an account that represents your brand and engage others on Twitter.
9) Find influencers who will promote you on their social media platforms
10) Engage potential candidates during recruiting season 5) Search keywords relevant to your industry.