Here’s the fact: A successful career has three ingredients: who you know, what you know and more importantly who knows you. You might be another ambitious multi-passionate millennial frantically searching for dream job. You might not be in your ideal industry or just graduated and are figuring out your next step. You feel like you could be doing so much more, but you just can’t put a finger on exactly what it is. You can change that with Passion, Purpose + Paychecks, a 3-week personal branding intensive that shows you how to package your expertise, sell your skills and profit from your passion.
How do I know if this is for me?
- You have no clue how to stand out from thousands of other job seekers
- You spent a lot of time enjoying college and no time preparing for post-graduation realities
- Your social media channels include curses, sexual references, pictures of your drinking and just inappropriate content that you don’t want your employer or parents to see
- Website development and creating a portfolio scare the crap out of you
- You know you probably should start blogging but don’t know what to write about
- You’re afraid that you won’t be able to “keep it real” if you commit to a professional online presence
- You want to move forward in your career, but feel like you are stuck and don’t know what to do next
Discover what your personal brand is (finally)
- Identify and eliminate those roadblocks that have been stopping you from branding yourself
- Learn how to translate your unique skills and strengths into a brand that attracts and impresses employers
- Assess your current presence and identify areas of weakness and improvement
- Gain clarity on your niche in order to make yourself more marketable
- Ace your elevator pitches and develop a personal branding statement that drives the way you communicate
Bring your personal brand to life online and offline
- Get moving on that personal website you know that you need with guided instruction and feedback
- Refresh those outdated job search materials and master design principals that will help you make an impression
- Stop using social media for irrelevant status updates and use it to make connections and market yourself
- Use channels other than twitter and blogging to leave your mark online and cut through all the noise
Get hired and get paid by confidently communicating your greatness
- Learn to leverage online connections into offline opportunities
- Develop a streamlined but effective social media strategy that doesn’t take too much time or energy
- You’ll get comfortable with the idea of self-promotion and be able to be self-confident without being arrogant
- You will learn the basics of content creation, aggregation and promotion so that you don’t feel like you are forced to blog all the damn time (Nobody got time for all that!)
What You’ll Leave Class With:
- Personal branding statement, professional biography and elevator pitch
- Redesigned resume, cover letter and business card
- A personal website
- A content schedule and social media strategy
- Confidence and clarity
How It All Breaks Down:
Me, you and 9 other awesome millennials ready to create change in their lives and kick-start their careers.
This is a 3-week online course that allows you to create your polished, professional personal brand from start to finish. Each week you will be given an assignment from the workbook, full of actionable tips, best practices and how-to’s, to complete before the workshop. You will then participate in a one-hour workshop that will empower you to take action, get your questions answered, and receive feedback on what you have developed.
Starting July 13, every Sunday you will receive the weekly learning segment and class assignment. You must complete and submit the assignment by Thursday in order to receive feedback from me.
Sundays at Midnight ET on July 13, 20, 27 – Weekly Learning Segments
Wednesdays at Noon ET on July 16, 23, 30 – Live Office Hours
Thursdays at 11PM ET July 17, 24 and August 1 – Assignment Submissions Due
Because the time is now! Stop being a typical millennial and stop procrastinating. The job landscape changes entirely too fast with the introduction of new platforms, tools and recruiting trends. You don’t have to worry about keeping up with everything if you have a solid personal brand and clarity on what you want for yourself and your career. Each day more and more of your peers are catching on to personal branding, what are you waiting for?
How Much? $75.00
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this course just for college students and recent graduates?
Passion, Purpose + Paychecks is for anyone who wants to get ahead. It is for those who are looking to land their first full-time jobs or those looking to maximize their knowledge and skills for future opportunities. You could be just starting your career, or you may be looking to become a star within an organization you’re already in. The choice to be great and tell people about it — is yours. This course is NOT for businesses however, and focuses solely on people and their personal brands.
How will you be communicating with us?
You will receive access to our exclusive online platform to receive course materials, classes and submit assignments. You will also be able to communicate with me via the weekly office hour Q+A calls as well as via email throughout the program.
What happens during office hours?
You’ll have the floor to ask any questions that came up after the learning segment. You will also have the opportunity to submit pieces of your assignment for review and get feedback live on the call.
How much time will you be spending with us?
This is a boutique virtual course. The class only has 10 people so I can devote as MUCH time as possible to providing insightful and actionable advice and feedback to everyone in the class. I will be reviewing your digital presence as a whole and giving you personalized advice based on the work you do during the class. You won’t be receiving generic advice that will confuse and overwhelm you. I will work to provide you with best practices and a game plan to apply to your unique situation and industry. All brands are not created equal, and they all need a little something special to go from nothing to something.
What if I can’t make a class?
I understand that we all get busy, so the entire program is recorded for you. However, in order to get the most of the workshop experience, it is best if you follow the schedule and submit your assignments on time. Not only will I be lending my brain to your creative process, but you will also get to bond and feed off of others in the class as well. If you absolutely can’t make it, purchase our personal branding workbook and complete the exercises at your own pace.
What if I don’t know what I want to do yet?
You are in the right place my friend. Because guess what? The components that make up your personal brand will change with time. What I want to focus on is helping you gain clarity about your goals, identify your transferable skills that you can take with you to any job or opportunity and learn the art of self-promotion without feeling ashamed about your greatness, whatever that may be. This is a process that can be reused over and over again as your brand changes.
I don’t have time! Can I really do this?
I get it millennials. You want it and you want it now. I have designed this course with you in mind. Not a lot of reading, a bunch of lengthy assignments or any writing of 500 words. We didn’t want to do it in school and we dang sure don’t want to do that now. Passion, Purpose + Paychecks is all about giving you actionable advice and best practices, allowing you to do it in the moment and giving you feedback right then and there so that you see your brand developing before your eyes. Each assignment can be done in as little as 30 minutes and the learning segments are about 30 minutes with Q&A for as long as you need. I don’t babysit though so you’ll get out what you put in.
More questions? Email email@example.com